The Jury will consist of 7 professional members with international reputations and judging experiences from different cities in different countries. The Jury would be assembled based on the recommendations by UNESCO Creative Cities.
Names and biographies of jurors will be published on the award website as soon as they are available.
The judging process will consist of two stages of detailed assessments, based on the actual products, images and additional supporting materials submitted by the entrants.
First Stage Judging will be carried out by the nominators according to the judging criteria listed above. The best 8 entrants including maximum 3 students will be nominated.
An International Jury would convene in Shenzhen. Actual design works and supporting materials will be displayed side by side for the jurors to evaluate. All award winners will be selected at the end of the second stage.
- Achievement in utilizing designs to increase sales, lower costs, and improve product qualities, productivity and profitability.
- Achievement in utilizing designs to enhance sustainability in urban environment, social and economic development, and to improve quality of lives in cities.
- Achievement in utilizing designs to contribute to the transformation of local economies, of social development, and of cities’ development.
- Achievement in developing cultural diversity based on traditional cultures.
- International recognition, commercial and societal success in designs.
Achievement in uniqueness, creativity, originality, innovation, aesthetics, sustainability, use of technology, user-friendliness in designs.